- ALL literature from the Watchtower Society.
- New World Translation Bible.
5 things they believe
- There is no Godhead (‘Trinity’) – they believe that Jesus is not God, but the Archangel Michael.
- There is no Hell – they believe ALL people will be resurrected in ‘Paradise’ (the Millennium), and that the payment for sin is simply physical death.
- The soul sleeps with the body in the grave.
- Only 144,000 people (Gentile JWs) will go to Heaven – the rest of the JWs will remain on this ‘renewed’ earth (‘Paradise’).
- Anything written and distributed by the Watchtower Society – including their own printed ‘bible’, the New World Translation (NWT).
5 typical characteristics
- Well-educated by the Watchtower Society on how to respond to people who question them.
- Rehearsed with scripted answers, but when probed, you quickly find out that they do not know the Bible as much as they think they do.
- Not allowed to think for themselves or to read other material, so don’t be surprised if they don’t take any tracts from you.
- Will not engage in a conversation with you unless you approach them. They will not even actively offer you a leaflet.
- Smartly dressed men and women.
5 typical responses
- Stubbornness – they will not budge from their spiritual position even if you clearly show them errors in their literature.
- Pride – it’s all about works in their religion.
- Avoidance – they will talk about other things to avoid answering questions about the Watchtower Society or what it’s like being a JW.
- Dishonesty – they won’t look at their ‘bible’ when you try to show them errors within it.
- Anger – the longer you witness to them the more fed up and angry they will get. After all, they consider you to be a filthy sinner of the devil.
7 verses (or combinations) to use
NOTE: The underlines have been added as suggested words to emphasise within the verse, but go as the Lord leads you!
And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin. – Genesis 35:18
NOTE: Clearly shows that the soul leaves the body, and does NOT remain with it in the grave.
And he stretched himself upon the child three times, and cried unto the Lord, and said, O Lord my God, I pray thee, let this child’s soul come into him again. And the Lord heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came into him again, and he revived. – 1 Kings 17:21-22
NOTE: Another verse showing the soul not only leaving, but returning back into the body again.
And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him. – Luke 12:4-5
NOTE: Hell exists! One of many, many verses where Jesus spoke and warned about an actual place called Hell.
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. – Colossians 2:9
NOTE: Great diety verse of our Lord Jesus Christ, but also confirming the Godhead, which the JWs don’t believe in.
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. – 1 John 5:7
NOTE: Another clear Godhead verse.
Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel … And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb. And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God. – Revelation 7:3-4, 14:3-5
NOTE: The 144,000 are NOT Gentile JWs, but are young Jewish virgin men.
Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. – Jude 9
NOTE: If Jesus is Michael, then why is Michael telling the devil that ‘The Lord rebuke thee’. It’s because Michael couldn’t do it, because Michael is NOT The Lord. Incidentally, there are NO verses anywhere in Scripture that says Jesus is an angel, let alone Michael.
- Next to their literature stand, they always stand in pairs on the streets in the village, town or city centre, or at entrances to train stations.
- It’s ALL based on a works system, and they are on the streets purely to ‘tick a box’ that they have done some outreach during the week.