- Anything non-spiritual and non-religious.’
- Origin of the Species’ by Charles Darwin.
5 things they believe
- Universe began with a ‘Big Bang’ – where life then evolved from nothing and by accident from a primodial soup, over billions of years.
- Evolution – man has no meaning, no purpose, no moral absolutes – we simply came from fish and then apes.
- Through science, man knows more now than when the Bible was written, therefore, science is ‘better’ than God.
- Death is the end. No punishment for the wrong doings in a person’s life. Humans simply cease to exist when they die.
5 typical characteristics
- Any person from any society could claim to be an atheist.
- Chances are very high that a scientist, a professor, a school teacher, a medical professional, or a financially wealthy person is an atheist.
- They don’t normally marry, but are more likely to live with a partner.
- Are mostly liberal, and support far left-wing political parties and movements.
- Don’t feel/think that the world is a dangerous place.
5 typical responses
- Apathetic – the majority of atheists simple never think about ‘life after death’ or similar topics, and don’t really care – especially a young person.
- Ignorance – most people who believe and trust in science were simply taught it at school, and don’t tend to give it much thought.
- Pride – especially if talking to a scientist or someone with Ph.D’s Degrees, etc.
- Ridicule – the Bible is opposite to what the world teaches, and therefore they think belief in Creation is crazy.
- Anger – particularly from parents who hate their children being taught about Creation or God.
7 verses (or combinations) to use
NOTE: The underlines have been added as suggested words to emphasise within the verse, but go as the Lord leads you!
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. – Genesis 1:1-2
NOTE: Science is expressed in 5 terms; time, power, space, matter, and motion. God put it all right there at the start of His word!
For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul. – Leviticus 17:11
NOTE: Doctors use to drain the blood from someone who had a virus or infection, thinking that that would save the person, but it actually killed them. They finally saw the verse in the Bible, and changed the way they do things.
He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing. – Job 26:7
NOTE: The earth hangs in space upon nothing.
The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas. – Psalms 8:8
Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest. – Proverbs 6:6-8
NOTE: How would the writer of this Proverb have known so much about the ant if it wasn’t for God telling him?
One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever. The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose. The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits. All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again. – Ecclesiastes 1:4-7
NOTE: The water cycle clearly described in the word of God.
It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in: – Isaiah 40:22
- Explain to them that the Bible is full of science. Man is catching up with the Bible, NOT the other way around!
- Also, belief in nothing or evolution is still a faith.
- Explain that no one is born an atheist, and that the belief in a Creator needs to be educated OUT of a person.