The challenge is to …
Visit a number of nature spots in your surrounding area, and write down or audio/video record something about God’s creation.
What will I need to complete this challenge?
- King James Bible.
- A list or map of nature spots to visit in your local area.
- A notebook to write down your thoughts on God’s creation, or an audio or video recorder of some sorts if you intend to document your thoughts that way.
- Notebook to keep track of your progress and to jot down all the thoughts, verses, etc., that come into your mind as you are doing the challenge.
How much time should I allocate?
Perhaps spend a few hours during the week in a couple or more nature spots.
How difficult is this challenge?
No real difficulty at all – in fact, it will be a blessing for you to get out and about in nature. Everyone can write something. It doesn’t have to be a novel. It can be a quick sentence or paragraph, a short poem, or even a couple of ‘trigger’ words that will help you remember how you were feeling about God’s creation at that particular time. Later on then you can expand on your thoughts, and perhaps turn them into a Bible study with your family or a sermon message.
What other advice do you have for me?
- Try to visit places you have never been to before.
- Only visit places that are truly natural, i.e. that have NOT been changed/altered by man in any way.
- If you are going out by yourself, keep safe and alert, and make sure you tell someone where you are going and what time you expect to be back.
- Make sure you have your mobile phone with you, but keep it on silent when you are looking at God’s creation and documenting your thoughts.
- Go out in the daytime while it is still light, and head back home before it gets too dark. It’s such a shame that we have to be like this, but we must be wise in how we live and act in these last days.
- Wear appropriate clothing so that you don’t get too warm or too cold. You don’t want anything to spoil your time whilst you are out. And you certainly don’t want to catch a cold either!
- Use the time outside to pray to the Lord; to glorify Him; to praise Him; to thank Him; to just talk to Him about your life – the wonderful things about it and the not so wonderful things. Open your heart to Him, and allow Him to refresh your soul.
If you did this challenge, please let us know how you got on, or leave a comment below.