The challenge is to …
In one sitting, read through the whole of Psalm 119 everyday for the next 14 days, and at the end of each reading, quickly jot down 3 things you learned or thoughts you had about God’s word, during that reading.
What will I need to complete this challenge?
- King James Bible.
- Your favourite pen or pencil.
- Notebook to keep track of your progress and to jot down all the thoughts, verses, etc., that come into your mind as you are doing the challenge.
How much time should I allocate?
About 40mins in total each day.
How difficult is this challenge?
What other advice do you have for me?
- Find a quiet place to do this challenge.
- Switch off your mobile phone, and get rid of other distractions each day for the duration of the challenge.
- Take time when reading the Psalm, and also try to pronounce the Hebrew alphabet letters at the start of each of the 8 verse segments.
- Write down your learnings and thoughts immediately upon finishing reading the Psalm – don’t delay and try to think about what to write; just write whatever comes to mind; switch off your ‘internal editor’.
- Once you have your 21 learnings/thoughts at the end of the 7 days, then see if you can organise your notes into a sermon message or Bible study to share with others, or a devotional for yourself and/or your family.
If you did this challenge, please let us know how you got on, or leave a comment below.