Why believe the Authorized Version is the only word of God?
There is so much that we could write on this subject, but this study (even only a small part of the content included within) should be enough to show you that God has preserved His word for us today in the Authorized Version (AV) King James Holy Bible.
God promised to PRESERVE His word
The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever. – Psalms 12:6-7
For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations. – Psalms 100:5
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. – Matthew 24:35
- There MUST be an infallible, inerrant Book somewhere if it is not the Authorized Version.
- Original autographs were inspired (God used men to write His words) – the Authorized Version is the same autographs preserved (God took His words already written and used men to preserve them).
- Various translations contain different readings – God is not the author of confusion (1 Corinthians 14:33).
- God warned us about Bible perversion (2 Corinthians 2:17; Jeremiah 23:26; Revelation 22:18-19).
Translated under a God-ordained king
- Main subject of the Holy Bible is the kingdom that God intends to give to His Son (Revelation 19:16).
Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou? – Ecclesiastes 8:4
The Authorized Version has no copyright
- Not forbidden for anyone to copy.
- For over 400 years, billions of copies have been printed without requesting permission from anyone.
- The Holy Spirit has blessed and used the Authorized Version for so long, and He allows ministries to print it without cost.
God always translates perfectly
- “Translate”, “translated” mentioned 4 times in the Holy Bible – God is Translator each time:
- Translated Saul’s kingdom to David – 2 Samuel 3:10.
- Christians translated into the kingdom of Jesus Christ – Colossians 1:13.
- God translated Enoch that he should not see death – Hebrews 11:5.
- The point is that a translation CAN be perfect, if God is involved in the translating. The Authorized Version translators were just merely instruments in translating and preserving God’s word.
- Modern versions have a majority belief in them, and the majority is always wrong:
- majority will not be saved – Matthew 7:13-14,
- majority rejected Noah’s preaching,
- majority perished in Sodom and Gomorrah,
- majority of Israel worshipped Aaron’s golden calf,
- majority rejected prophets such as Jeremiah,
- majority rejected Jesus Christ’s earthly ministry, and
- majority still reject Jesus Christ today.
The Authorized Version produces good fruit
- Nearly all Christians I know or speak with were led to Christ with the Authorized Version.
- Modern translations produce MONEY and EVIL fruit.
- How is it that people naturally believe the Authorized Version, but must be educated out of his belief in it?
- The Authorized Version is easier to memorise, to translate into other languages, and to understand – the language gives the impression that one is reading a Book very different from others and far superior to the rest.
The Authorized Version translators believed they were handling the very words of God
- Modern translators approach the scriptures with skepticism – “Yea, hath God said?” (Genesis 3:1).
- If you lack faith in God’s word, you are in no condition to translate it – this eliminates every revision committee in the past 100 years (highly educated men and women who were heady, high-minded, proud, and thought their intelligence qualified them to tamper with His words).
- The Authorized Version translators’ scholarship far exceeded these modern translators – they remained humble, and allowed God to use them as instruments rather than trying to judge and correct the words.
The Authorized Version translators were honest in their work
- Idioms change when translating from one language to another, thus it is necessary to add certain words to help the reader grasp full meaning of the text:
- The Authorized Version translators put these in italics, proving their honesty – modern versions do NOT italicise!
- The italic words are inspired by God – compare Matthew 4:4 “word”, with Deuteronomy 8:3 “word” for example.
- Elhanan slaying Goliath? NO. Added “the brother of” Goliath in 2 Samuel 21:19 as 1 Chronicles 20:5 said “brother”.
- Last verse of 1 John 2:23 was missing at translation time – the Authorized Version translators added as italics. BUT they were right to do so as newer manuscripts found contain the last half.
- Peter quotes Psalms 16:8 in Acts 2:25, and he uses the italic words. How did the Authorized Version translators know this if the Lord did not lead them?
- All new versions compare themselves to the Authorized Version.
- New versions do NOT compare themselves to each other, but ALWAYS to the Authorized Version.
- Why not attack one another? Because Satan has no desire to divide his own kingdom – Matthew 12:26.
Time in history in which the Authorized Version was translated
- Translated during the Philadelphia church period that Jesus commended for keeping His word (Revelation 3:8-10), NOT during the Laodicean period (TODAY – last Church before the Second Coming – Revelation 3:14-22).
- The world with time degenerates – morals, characters, education have degenerated since 1611.
- The greatest missionary work was done between 1700 to 1900 – God made HIS Bible ready for this.
No one has ever proven the Authorized Version is not God’s word
- The Authorized Version should be presumed innocent until proven guilty – like everything else.
- No scholar has actually proven that there are errors in the Authorized Version. They say it, but do not prove it, because there are NONE. The same goes with scientists and atheists, and other people who reject and mock the word of God. NO ONE has ever proven it incorrect on anything!
- Over 5,000 manuscripts – 95% support the Authorized Version – new versions only supported by 5%.
- New versions supported by 2 corrupt 4th century manuscripts – Vaticanus and Siniaticus – both filled with text alterations to meet demands of Roman Catholic tradition.
- New versions include Apocrypha, which Jesus excluded from the OT – Luke 24:44.
- Line of manuscripts:
- New versions (corruptions) from Alexandria, Egypt, and Rome (the Holy Bible speaks NEGATIVELY of all of these).
- Critical hand of man, Origen – his ideology was the Holy Bible to be divine, BUT not perfect or without error.
- God always called His people (and Son) out of Egypt
- Romans nailed Jesus to the cross
- Romans persecuted Christians for thousands of years (over 200 million people)
- Romans destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD
- Christ will destroy the Revised Roman Empire at His Second Coming – Daniel 2:7, Revelation 13.
- Modern translators/Bible critics have this ideology and accept Alexandrian to be more superior.
- Wescott and Hort (1871-1881) – ever modern ‘Bible’ uses their New Testament translation, were:
- worshipped Mary
- kept Roman sacraments
- rejected infallibility of scripture
- rejected literal account of Genesis
- supported Darwin and his evolution theory
- did not believe in Second Coming, the Millennium or literal heaven
- rejected hell and prayed to the dead in purgatory
- refused to believe the Trinity
- refused to believe in angels,
- their Greek text (which ALL modern ‘Bibles’ are based on), was SECRETLY given to the Revision Committee (the members were sworn to a pledge of secrecy, and met in silence for 10 years)
- their Greek text was only released to public 5 days BEFORE the Revised Version ‘Bible’ came out, thus preventing Bible-believing scholars such as Dean Burgon from reviewing it and exposing it for the trash it was.
- The Authorized Version (Textus Receptus – received text) from Antioch, Syria (Bible speaks POSITIVELY of this place).
- Ideology was that Holy Bible is not only divine, but perfect and without error.
- Antioch is where disciples were first called Christians, Paul & Barnabas taught the word of God for 1 year (Acts 11:26), manuscript line called Syrian or Byzantine type text the Authorized Version is from.
- Dead Sea Scrolls support the Authorized Version and the Textus Receptus.
- New manuscripts have been found since 1611, but no new readings.
- Sinaitic found amongst trash paper in St. Catherine’s monastery at foot of Mt. Sinai in 1841 – very similar to Vaticanus (its sister manuscript found in 1481), so readings in them were well known to the Authorized Version translators.
- There are NO new readings available today that the Authorized Version translators did not already have.
The Authorized Version exalts the Lord Jesus Christ
- “Search the scriptures…And they are they which testify of me.” John 5:39.
- The Authorized Version testifies of the Lord Jesus Christ – the true word of God will ALWAYS EXALT Jesus Christ.
- New versions attack His Diety, His Virgin Birth, His Blood Atonement, His Bodily Resurrection, His Glorious Second Coming, and any other doctrines concerning His Person.
- New versions have hatred toward the Authorized Version and the way it gives the Lord Jesus Christ the preeminent place.
- New versions testify AGAINST Him. This should be reason enough to convince any TRUE believer of the modern ‘Bible’ corruptions.
The Authorized Version has NOT been changed
- The Authorized Version has had 7 editions to polish it, NOT revisions – all come from the Textus Receptus.
- Printing changes (Gothic > Roman).
- Spelling changes (darke, feare, euill, etc.).
- Textual changes (correction of earlier printing errors).
- The New King James Version is NOT a continuation of revisions. It is NOT a King James Version at all!
- William Tyndale (1526), Coverdale Bible (1535), Matthew’s Bible (1537), Great Bible (1539), Geneva Bible (1560), Bishop’s Bible (1568), King James Bible (1611 – perfect!)
- all the same, all formal equivalency (word-for-word).
- modern versions are dynamic equivalency (the translator’s opinion of what the verse says or should say – free to write whatever they want).
- No more translations then for 300 years – did we need an improvement upon perfection?
The Authorized Version is easier to read and understand
- New versions may be ‘easier to read’ nowadays, but NOT to understand (1 Corinthians 2:10-14).
- Today’s Christians are more worldly and less dedicated to Jesus Christ than their 19th or early 20th century counterparts, who were raised on the Authorized Version.
- No mass spiritual awakening of any kind by modern translations – no revivals, nothing!
- Since modern translations have been out, (to name a few) beginning with ASV 1901:
- God and prayer have been kicked out of public schools,
- Abortion-on-demand is legalised,
- Homosexuality accepted nationally as an ‘alternate lifestyle’,
- In-home pornography via television and Internet,
- Child kidnapping and pornography running rampant,
- Drugs have become an epidemic,
- Suicides on the increase, and even new legal assisted suicide acceptance, and
- Satanism, witchcraft, etc. all on the rise.
Pronouns ARE supposed to be in there
- Greek and Hebrew use different words for 2nd person singular (thee) and 2nd person plural (ye) pronouns.
- The Authorized Version is word-for-word, there the generic “you” would not meet the criteria for translation no matter how much English language has changed over the years:
- T’s (thee, thine, thou, thy) = singular
- Y’s (ye, you = plural
- EXAMPLE in Acts 5:9:
- AV: Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.
- NKJV: Then Peter said to her, “How is it that you have agreed together to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look, the feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out.”
- AV: Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
- NKJV: Do not marvel that I said to you, “You must be born again”.
- NO salvation for ANYONE if Jesus was only addressing being born again to Nicodemus only as it says in the New King James Version!
- EXAMPLE in Acts 5:9:
- Modern translators want ALL the Holy Bible to be understandable by ANYONE including the UNSAVED – NO! You DON’T change the word of God to suit people!
You are no longer ignorant of this fact now. So, if you reject it, then you are in direct rebellion to God. It’s as simple as that.